tcbotb_background

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

What's up for January 2014



 Got my list, and checking it twice, I'll read these books whether naughty or nice. Seriously though, Christmas is long over, it's 2014 and time to prioritize. So this is a list of indie reads I'm planning to read and review in the upcoming weeks. Stars or no stars.

It's been a long time now since I've picked up a truly good indie. It could be that I'm just looking in all the wrong places, or maybe my luck just fizzled in 2013. I've picked up free books and paid for others. I've read most, but some were remarkably unbearable and had to be abandoned. Regardless, it's time to get back to reviewing - but this time - good or bad the book will get some kind of review. I apologize in advance for not sticking to the 4 or 5 star reads format. But as you know, sometimes we get into reading slumps - that stack of books we've read but we don't have the heart to review because no matter how deep we dig, there's nothing positive review-wise in those pages.

So here's the book order for the next little while:

Unleashed by Tempest C. Avery, 2013 YA (the sequel to Unhinged) - currently reading
Dead Again by George Magnum (book 1, short), zombie horror
The Bone Cell by Richard Futch, December 2013 (short), MG/young YA, mystery/fantasy
Hallowed (Waters Dark and Deep 1), 2013 by Monica Leonelle
Spear Bearer by Stephen Clary, 2010 YA - (book 1)
Imperfect by Tina Chan, 2013
League of Superheroes, Rise of the Villain Book 1 by Celeste Ayers, 2013 (book 1, a short novella)

I will stick to the YA, thriller and horror genres as much as possible - but action adventure will undoubtedly sneak it's way in. In the meantime, I'll also be distracting myself with best sellers - sometimes I just can't help it. Steelheart by Brandon Sanderson is beckoning me at the moment. And so far, it's a page flipping tale of revenge with plenty of super villain action. I'm reluctant to put it down. It's a highly enjoyable YA.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment