tcbotb_background

Friday, May 11, 2012

Whispering Hills - YA Chills

Whispering Hills (Whispering Hills, #1)Whispering Hills by Taryn Browning
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

This was a good quick read with some very enjoyable characters. I'm giving it 4.5 stars but yes, over where you see them, the rating translates into five. I'm old school, so hey, it's rounding.

This story had an excellent start and hooked me early. Here's my synopsis:

Alexis is a high school senior who can hear the thoughts of others. Not just any thoughts mind you - she only hears the decisive ones. So when the thoughts of a killer are voiced in the girl's mind, Alexis panics. She's powerless to stop the murderer. With only her sister aware of her freakish thought hearing ability, who would believe her? Alexis doesn't know how to even find the victim, let alone the killer.

Enter Chance. He is a mysterious new student with an attraction to Alexis. He knows a lot more than he lets on and has his own dark secrets. Can Alexis trust him? Before she does, she enlists the help of another new -yet unwilling- friend, Summer. That's when Alexis discovers that she isn't the only one with freakish abilities. Strange qualities aside, the three new friends share more than just being unusual. They have a link to each others' past. And for two of them, it's a dangerous bond they share with the killer.

It was a good fast paced story, and of course, it doesn't really end. It's sure to be a series. What I think I liked the most about the novel was the set of other characters - Summer, Tiffany, and even Gabriel. They were far more entertaining than the main couple. Kudos to the author - she did a wonderful job of creating a very chilling dead villain. I found the romance to be a little too typical of the genre, but all in all I'd recommend it. It was a very good read.


View all my reviews


Whispering Hills (Whispering Hills, #1)">

No comments:

Post a Comment