tcbotb_background

Monday, May 21, 2012

Summer Reading List - Add Your Favs

It's the last day of a long weekend up here and an incredibly beautiful day - a very rare animal. It's the kind of day that reassures you summer isn't just another long lost dream. (Yes, that really  can happen in this northern climate).

Time to plan some weekend getaways and memorable vacations. Here's one thing you don't want to forget as you get caught up in all those hectic preparations.

Reading material.

There's always down time on your getaway, possibly even while in transit, so don't forget to load up on some favorite reads. I'm putting together a quick list here of some of my favorites- e-books that were great reads and worth the cover price. I didn't feel ripped off when I bought them (or I wouldn't have for the ones I read for free). The first group of recommended reads are all from "indie" authors. The reason is simple: price. It's tough to find an e-book from traditional bestsellers that won't make me mad about the price. So here are the categories: Thrillers and Young Adult.

Recommended Thrillers (Good fast reads, Cheap up to $2.99)


(Row One legal, historical/techno, horror/serial killer, adventure)
(Row Two: zombie-ish horror romance series - 4 quick reads)


Recommended Young Adult Reads (Good and Cheap)

(Row One: Drama YA, Historical Adventure YA,Para/Historical YA all $0.99 to $1.99)

These are just a few of my favorites, so why not add yours to the list and help spread the recommendations? Leave a comment with a link to your favorite e-read and I'll post it here. And if you haven't already read some of these, it's great time to load up your Kindle, Nook, Kobo, i-device or other reader. Happy summer reading everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment